Clubs and organizations that are offered at Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School are:
FCCLA- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a national Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) for young men and women in Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education.
ART- The Art Club is a place for practicing artists to hone in on their skills, develop their techniques and portfolios, collaborate with other artists like themselves, create bonds with the community through the arts.
SCA- The Student Council Association (SCA) is a leadership-learning organization for student leaders from within our school. The Martin Luther King Jr Middle School SCA participates in learning experiences in leadership and opportunities to practice the citizenship skills necessary for effective participation in our democratic society.
The principal goals of the SCA are to:
- Instill American ideals, including the development of leadership and citizenship, among the youth of today.
- Foster student leadership in a democratic environment.
- Assist all student councils in becoming more effective organizations within their school, community, state and nation.
- Promote student participation within the school and its community.
- Assist student councils and their leadership in focusing on relevant current problems that affect them and encouraging them to seek solutions to those problems.
Yearbook- The student members of the MLK Yearbook staff organize, design, and do all of the writing necessary for the production of the school's annual yearbook. If you've got a creative mind and enjoy being a part of a team, this is the club for you! New members are always welcome!