The purpose of the school counseling program is to provide services to students, parents,teachers, and administrators in the most effective ways to enhance the instructionalprogram and student outcomes. The duties of the counselor throughout the schoolyear include the following:
- Facilitating individual and group counseling sessions
- Facilitating classroom guidance sessions
- Consulting with teachers, administrators, parents and community agencies
- Coordinating the standardized testing program
Coordinating the processing of student records
Each student is assigned to a counselor who offers classroom guidance and individual and small group counseling.
The counselor will also work closely with teachers and administrators to provide the best learning environment for each child. The counselor is available for parents and/or students on an individual basis and through active parent/student groups to assist with concerns that affect the student at home or at school.
Working together with teachers, administrators and parents, the guidance counselor encourages a student’s academic and personal growth. The following services are provided:
- Individual and group counseling
- Group guidance
- Developmental guidance activities
- Orientation programs (parents/students)
- Placement testing
- High school registration
- Conflict mediation
- Coordination of counselors and related programs
Parents/guardians may contact your student’s counselor at 780-8011.